Monday Musings ~ The Writer’s Corner: Things That Help My Writing & Day Be More Successful
Posted by Tania Marie's Blog
This is a very busy week for me, but I still want to make sure to get out a blog for today’s Monday Musings series from The Writer’s Corner. While I did have thoughts about a couple of other themes that came to mind to share (I’ll save them for the next times), I felt like providing a list of things that help me to be more successful with my writing each day, which also extends to anything else I have going on in my life – be it other creative projects or simply my day-to-day business and personal life.
So here’s a list of ten things that help me to be more productive, clear the energy, and jump start those creative juices. Many of them are my morning kick-offs, but overall are things that support my day and writing goals.
- Go to bed early and get up early – I used to be a night owl back in the day, but life changed and now I find that getting good sleep and getting up early support being more fresh and help me to get more done. I dream a lot and in sleep we go into the subconscious, so writing in the morning is a way to be closer to those creative thoughts and flow more before a more distinct separation between night and day happens. Writing in the morning is a way to ensure I get that time in before the day gets away from me.
- Find all the things I have to be grateful for and acknowledge and thank them – having a gratitude practice before bed and when I wake in the morning helps to not only infuse the day with positive energy, but puts me in a happier space, as well as helps set me up for manifesting more.
- Enjoy cozy breakfast time – I love having hot tea or a vegan latte in the morning with a yummy breakfast (small or large depending on my desire that day) to gently nurture me back to waking life from deep sleep. This warms me from the inside out and allows me time to go over my plans for the day. I’ll follow it up with a smoothie that accompanies my writing time.
- Clarify my priorities and my to-do’s for the day – Even though I am spontaneous and flow, I have found that having more structure actually helps me to get more done, so this includes making daily to-do lists and prioritizing what is most important to get done. I also have recently created a time-table schedule in which I allot time blocks for the things I need and want to do each day. This ensures I get a balance of everything in as well.
- Unplug from phones, emails, etc. – Once I get past the time allowed for relaxing with my morning beverage and snack, it’s unplug time. When writing, I don’t reply to anything else and shut down or ignore my phone. In order to be fully in the world of writing, I must be out of the outer world. I also know that for me, it can take time to get into a flow, so if I were to stop in between my writing for every little thing that comes up, this would break that flow and take me more time to get back into the groove. I find it crucial to disengage.
- Carve out a block of time – This goes with #4, but I find it important to emphasize separately. It’s important that I carve out what block or blocks of time are my writing times and that I stick to that – both not allowing other things to get in the way, and not becoming lazy that day. That’s not to say that I will force myself, but I find that the more I get into a groove with something that seems foreign to me, the more it becomes natural. Discipline and commitment are my friends and not the enemies.
- Moving – Carving out time for exercise is important for me. This includes being out in nature as I do so – double the benefit! Moving moves energy and when I move energy, I’m not only releasing any potential blockages, but I’m getting a healthy flow of ideas and feelings going, as well as boosting my energy, well being, and helping me to get better sleep at night too. Moving energy helps move creativity.
- Music – I love having music accompany my day and/or special projects/my writing. Having just the right sound frequencies going really helps synchronize things for me and supports that flow even more. Music is a necessary component for me and my life.
- Being present – For me this is mindfulness and “life as a walking meditation.” The more present I am with myself, my feelings, thoughts, and my environment, the more aware I am of what’s me and what’s not me, as well as the more observant and receptive I am to all the inspiration around me and ideas messaging me constantly. Presence also creates more gratitude, peace, grace, and alignment.
- Surrounding myself with all that I love – I find it crucial to infuse my life and surroundings with everything that brings me joy and moves my heart the most. This includes creating an inspiring and imaginative space and home, having plants, crystals, all things magickal, and nature close by and within sight of my desk, sharing a home with my partner and fur babies, and having my best bunny friend, Astrid by my side. When I see reflections of my heart all around me, it inspires me more, infuses my heart with greater peace and joy, and makes writing so much more fun and flowing.
Please let me know some of the things that you do to help with your writing, or your day in general, in terms of making it the best it can be.
About Tania Marie's BlogCreating life as a work of art with a magick rabbit by my side. I remember my song. Do you? Artist, Author and Reiki Master Teacher with over 30 years' experience in creative healing arts and metaphysical studies. Tania inspires people globally to return to natural harmony, draw forth imagination to manifest dreams, embody creative empowerment, and live more magickally and abundantly from their most natural frequency – in essence, Tania helps you to remember your song.
Posted on February 11, 2019, in Uncategorized and tagged author, ideas for writer's block, jump start your day, monday musings, tania marie, the writer's corner, things that help with writing, things to make your day more successful, writer, writing support. Bookmark the permalink. 13 Comments.